Orangetheory Fitness uses scientifically proven concepts to push your body to do its best. Participants complete intervals throughout the hour training session. This workout helps build strength, increase energy, surpass workout plateaus and tone and shape your body like nothing else.
The OTF Personal Trainer will lead up to 24 participants through OTF specific group training sessions.
- Responsible for creating positive, high energy, OTF training sessions
- Responsible for organization and cleanliness of the training floor, as well as other area of the studio when needed.
- Responsible for marketing your OTF training services inside and outside the OTF studio. Examples are marketing events with your OTF team, corp events, tents and tables, etc.
- Responsible for building OTF attendance and retaining current clientele
- Responsible for group training program design and lesson plans to be viewed by your Head Trainer each week.
- Responsible for the safety of your participants in regards to heart rate, exercise technique, posture and spine, as well as joint stress and stability when resistance training
- Responsible for your scheduled OTF group training sessions including but not limited to requesting substitute trainers to cover your session, helping other trainers when available and assisting as a floor trainer when applicable.
- Attend monthly fitness staff meetings and all relative, mandatory webinars and other requested corporate meetings and continuing education presentations.
- Handle member concerns/feedback in a professional, objective manner with the goal of resolution and retention when applicable.
- Assist Sales Associates, when needed, with OTF studio tours/sales with new prospects as well as staying abreast with current pricing options.
- Must be flexible and willing to work weekends when needed and as requested by your Studio Manager and/or Head Trainer
- Intermediate level knowledge of physiology, exercise technique and body mechanics.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and stay organized while training up to 24 clients in one group training session.
- Must have the ability to progress and regress exercises on the fly, in real time
- Positive, motivating and effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have the desire and capacity to train all fitness levels, novice to elite. • Must hold a current fitness certification from an OTF approved education company such as ACSM, ACE, NASM, NSCA, AFFA, NFPT, NPTI, etc.
- Must invest 10 hours per year in continuing education lectures and workshops outside of OTF curriculum.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Exercise Related Field is preferred.
- Must have current CPR/AED certification
- 1 years of professional experience teaching groups and/or personal training in the Fitness Industry.
- Must understand heart rate focused training programs and the science that supports the OTF workouts.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Must have the strength and ability to safely lift and move up to 40 lbs
Jobs That Make a Real Difference
Orangetheory is a science-based, full-body workout that uses technology to measure performance so members can prove they are improving. In a 60-minute class, led by a highly trained and certified coach, members target at least twelve minutes in the Orange Zone to raise their heart rate and charge up metabolism. The result is an increase in calorie burn post-workout, backed by the science of excess post-exercise oxygen consumption (EPOC). After twelve minutes of hard work in the Orange Zone, your body burns additional calories as you recover over the next 24 hours.
For us, physical fitness transcends weight loss and bikini season. Fitness is a way of life -- in fact, our brand purpose is to help people live longer, more vibrant lives. When we help our members to put in the work at our studios, they will experience benefits in their day-to-day. They will be physically stronger, but beyond that, they will notice improvements to their mood, cognition, sleep, and overall happiness and quality of life. This workout actually changes your body at the cellular level and has been known to help members through disease, chronic illness, depression, and even heartbreak and the loss of loved ones. They’ll simply have the energy to play with their grandchildren, run a 5K, or go hiking. When we can help our members to take care of their body and mind, amazing things can happen. More Orangetheory, More LIFE.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Orangetheory is committed to encouraging, facilitating and upholding an environment centered on diversity, equity and inclusion across every facet of the Orangetheory brand. We will work to create a sustainable culture that supports a healthy space for learning and growing, valuing and empowering every employee, inspiring a diverse franchise network, and uplifting the members and communities we serve. Click here to see more about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Orangetheory.
I understand that I am applying for a position with an employer that is an independently owned and operated Orangetheory® Fitness franchisee, not the franchisor, OTF Franchisor, LLC or any of its affiliates (OTFF). With respect to any position with a franchisee, I understand and agree that any information I provide in this application will be submitted directly to the independent franchisee, who is solely responsible for all employment related matters in their studio. This means, among other things, that the independent franchisee is solely responsible for and unilaterally makes all decisions concerning my employment, including hiring, firing, discipline, supervision, staffing and scheduling. OTFF will not receive a copy of my application, will have no control over whether I receive an interview and/or am ultimately hired, does not control and is not responsible for the employment policies and practices of independent franchisees, and does not employ independent franchisee’s employees. If I am hired to work at an independent franchisee’s studio, the independent franchisee, and not OTFF, will be my employer. By submitting my application and resume, I am confirming that I am agreeing and consenting to the foregoing.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)