Do you have a zest for life and for fitness? For changing lives and managing a team? For being in charge of the big picture as well as tiny details? If you’re nodding and smiling and all but shouting “YES!” then keep on reading because we want you to be our next Orangetheory General Manager!
A Day In The Life of a General Manager:
- If something goes wrong, you get it fixed. If a member is celebrating her 20th class or his 65th birthday, you ensure they’re recognized. When sales goals are set, you surpass them.
- Orangetheory has a feel like no other fitness venue. It’s personal and close-knit; when members walk into a Studio, they feel like they’re coming home.
- Having a passion for the Candidate Experience from start to finish is a must! This includes your ability to recruit, hire, train, and schedule OTF Studio staff to the needs of the business.
- Enthusiastic about training & mentoring Studio team members for ongoing success and future growth
- Lead and coordinate initial and ongoing sales drivers (pre-sale events, studio events, outreach)
- Develop a high-energy culture through contests and incentive-based motivation
- Managerial and operations experience
- Enthusiastic, personable, and friendly disposition
- Passion for health and wellness
- “Teamwork makes the dreams work” attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
General Manager Pay Structure
- We treat you like a business owner. As your member base grows, so does your salary!
- Base Salary of $60k.
- We value your hard work, and your pay is reassessed every single month.
- Example: for every 50 members you grow you’ll see extra dollars permanently added to your paycheck!
- We tripled in size in the last year & are looking for Top Talent to grow with us!
- Career pathing:
- Last month, we promoted 15 employees!
- As a Studio Manager you could advance from one studio – multiple studios – region – multiple regions – corporate OR multiple brands! 80% of our corporate positions in NYC were created in the last 18 months! As a Studio Manager, you are the first to know about new opportunities through our Internal Job Board.
- As we expand to multiple health and wellness brands, you could have the ability to work cross-functionally
- The opportunity to be a part of incredible camaraderie with the Studio Team and Members. For example: Make an impact beyond the studio—we regularly host classes to support important causes, volunteer or participate in local runs & events to give back to charities in your local community and so much more!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid sick time* NY, NJ, CT, VT, Washington D.C.
- Free OTF classes and employee discount on retail
- Empire cares about you—we offer access to free mental health counseling
- Access to corporate discounts on theme parks, travel, movies, etc. Through LifeMart and TicketsAtWork
- Pre-tax commuter benefit plan to save on public transportation to/from work
Vision: To be the premier wellness portfolio that supercharges everyday life
Jobs That Make a Real Difference
Orangetheory is a science-based, full-body workout that uses technology to measure performance so members can prove they are improving. In a 60-minute class, led by a highly trained and certified coach, members target at least twelve minutes in the Orange Zone to raise their heart rate and charge up metabolism. The result is an increase in calorie burn post-workout, backed by the science of excess post-exercise oxygen consumption (EPOC). After twelve minutes of hard work in the Orange Zone, your body burns additional calories as you recover over the next 24 hours.
For us, physical fitness transcends weight loss and bikini season. Fitness is a way of life -- in fact, our brand purpose is to help people live longer, more vibrant lives. When we help our members to put in the work at our studios, they will experience benefits in their day-to-day. They will be physically stronger, but beyond that, they will notice improvements to their mood, cognition, sleep, and overall happiness and quality of life. This workout actually changes your body at the cellular level and has been known to help members through disease, chronic illness, depression, and even heartbreak and the loss of loved ones. They’ll simply have the energy to play with their grandchildren, run a 5K, or go hiking. When we can help our members to take care of their body and mind, amazing things can happen. More Orangetheory, More LIFE.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Orangetheory is committed to encouraging, facilitating and upholding an environment centered on diversity, equity and inclusion across every facet of the Orangetheory brand. We will work to create a sustainable culture that supports a healthy space for learning and growing, valuing and empowering every employee, inspiring a diverse franchise network, and uplifting the members and communities we serve. Click here to see more about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Orangetheory.
I understand that I am applying for a position with an employer that is an independently owned and operated Orangetheory® Fitness franchisee, not the franchisor, OTF Franchisor, LLC or any of its affiliates (OTFF). With respect to any position with a franchisee, I understand and agree that any information I provide in this application will be submitted directly to the independent franchisee, who is solely responsible for all employment related matters in their studio. This means, among other things, that the independent franchisee is solely responsible for and unilaterally makes all decisions concerning my employment, including hiring, firing, discipline, supervision, staffing and scheduling. OTFF will not receive a copy of my application, will have no control over whether I receive an interview and/or am ultimately hired, does not control and is not responsible for the employment policies and practices of independent franchisees, and does not employ independent franchisee’s employees. If I am hired to work at an independent franchisee’s studio, the independent franchisee, and not OTFF, will be my employer. By submitting my application and resume, I am confirming that I am agreeing and consenting to the foregoing.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)