About Orangetheory Fitness
Orangetheory Fitness is the leading award winning and trendsetting franchise fitness organization with 1500+ locations open in the US and internationally, with expansion and growth on the horizon for 2023 and beyond.
With our science-backed, technology-tracked fitness studios that offer heart-rate based workouts in a supportive and motivating environment, we are revolutionizing the path to fitness and activity.
As an Orangetheory Fitness employee, you'll be part of a team that's dedicated to helping people achieve their fitness goals and lead healthier, happier lives. You'll work in a positive and energetic environment where you'll be encouraged to grow and develop your skills.
We’re looking for coaches who inspire and create exceptional moments on a daily basis. The superhumans who supercharge others. We promise to help you grow as a coach and give you the opportunities to develop and advance your career. We ask for you to be humble, happy and hungry for growth.
As an OTF Fitness Coach, you will be responsible for delivering scientifically predesigned workouts for up to 45 clients per session. This position requires a strong ability to coach and manage time, motivating multiple clients in a group setting. An OTF Coach must focus on a well-rounded theory of fitness, including endurance, strength, and power, using the tools given to optimize the client’s experience and results.
· Lead, inspire and motivate members through demonstrating exercises and proper techniques of pre-defined workouts. Help members set and achieve goals.
· Clearly demonstrate and explain exercises, ensuring participants understand the correct form and technique to perform them safely and effectively. Offer options to accommodate various fitness levels or any individual limitations.
· Managing class dynamics: Create a positive and inclusive atmosphere by fostering a sense of community and teamwork among participants. Manage the flow of the class, ensuring a smooth transition between exercises and keeping everyone engaged and focused.
· Understand the science behind the Orangetheory Fitness workouts - specifically heart-rate-interval training
· Ensure safety and preventing injuries: Prioritize the safety of participants by monitoring their movements, correcting improper form, and addressing any safety concerns. Maintain a clean and hazard-free exercise environment and be prepared to administer basic first aid if necessary
· Consistent member engagement and outreach
· Intermediate knowledge of physiology, exercise technique, and body mechanics
· Ability to multi-task and stay organized
· Positive, motivating and effective interpersonal communication skills
· Desire and capacity to train all fitness levels
· Must hold current fitness certification from an OTF approved education company such as ACSM, ACE, NASM, NCSA, AFFA, or NFPT
· Bachelor’s degree in an exercise related field is preferred
· CPR/AED certification
· 1+ years of experience teaching groups or personal training in the fitness industry
· Excellent communication and customer service skills
· Must be able to safely lift and move up to 40lbs
Perks & Growth Opportunities
· Career Growth: We’re looking for Coaches who want to grow into Head Coaches & Multi-Unit Fitness Managers!
· Ability to work in multiple locations throughout our network of studios
· As we expand to multiple health and wellness brands, you could have the ability to work cross-functionally.
· Base hourly rate
· Commissions (Total compensation per class $25-$75 based on class size)
· No need to chase after clients or hustle to different locations. We provide you with clients and give you multiple opportunities to coach at the same location
Beyond The Paycheck
· Make lifelong friends with your team and members. Not only do we impact members’ lives with our workouts, but we also make an impact beyond the studio—we regularly host classes to support important causes, participate in local runs & events, and work with local charities.
· Employee Referral Program – earn $250 for every employee you refer and retain to work for Empire!
· Complimentary OTF classes and employee discounts on retail
· Empire cares about you—we offer access to free mental health counseling
· Discounts on theme parks, travel, movies, etc. through LifeMart and TicketsAtWork
· Pre-tax commuter benefit plan to save on public transportation to/from work
Our Mission: To bring out your best life through inspiring, motivating and exceptional moments
Vision: To be the premier wellness portfolio that supercharges everyday life
Values: Happy, Hungry, Humble, Healthy & Human
Salary: $25.00 - $75.00 per hour (Dependent on class size)
· Dental insurance
· Employee discount
· Flexible schedule
· Health insurance
· Health savings account
· Life insurance
· Paid time off
· Professional development assistance
· Referral program
· Vision insurance
· 4 hour shift
· 8 hour shift
· Day shift
· Evening shift
· Monday to Friday
· Weekend availability
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: The diversity of our employees, members, and the communities in which we operate is key to our success and growth. We value and celebrate the diversity of the employees who make up our workforce. We respect the personal worth and unique contributions of each individual. We expect that each of us grant others the same respect, cooperation, and fair treatment that we seek for ourselves. We aim to attract, hire and retain a diverse and multiculturally sensitive staff who continually support and create a culture of employee engagement, support and inclusion.
Please note we do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies, there will be no obligation to pay any fee.
Jobs That Make a Real Difference
Orangetheory is a science-based, full-body workout that uses technology to measure performance so members can prove they are improving. In a 60-minute class, led by a highly trained and certified coach, members target at least twelve minutes in the Orange Zone to raise their heart rate and charge up metabolism. The result is an increase in calorie burn post-workout, backed by the science of excess post-exercise oxygen consumption (EPOC). After twelve minutes of hard work in the Orange Zone, your body burns additional calories as you recover over the next 24 hours.
For us, physical fitness transcends weight loss and bikini season. Fitness is a way of life -- in fact, our brand purpose is to help people live longer, more vibrant lives. When we help our members to put in the work at our studios, they will experience benefits in their day-to-day. They will be physically stronger, but beyond that, they will notice improvements to their mood, cognition, sleep, and overall happiness and quality of life. This workout actually changes your body at the cellular level and has been known to help members through disease, chronic illness, depression, and even heartbreak and the loss of loved ones. They’ll simply have the energy to play with their grandchildren, run a 5K, or go hiking. When we can help our members to take care of their body and mind, amazing things can happen. More Orangetheory, More LIFE.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Orangetheory is committed to encouraging, facilitating and upholding an environment centered on diversity, equity and inclusion across every facet of the Orangetheory brand. We will work to create a sustainable culture that supports a healthy space for learning and growing, valuing and empowering every employee, inspiring a diverse franchise network, and uplifting the members and communities we serve. Click here to see more about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Orangetheory.
I understand that I am applying for a position with an employer that is an independently owned and operated Orangetheory® Fitness franchisee, not the franchisor, OTF Franchisor, LLC or any of its affiliates (OTFF). With respect to any position with a franchisee, I understand and agree that any information I provide in this application will be submitted directly to the independent franchisee, who is solely responsible for all employment related matters in their studio. This means, among other things, that the independent franchisee is solely responsible for and unilaterally makes all decisions concerning my employment, including hiring, firing, discipline, supervision, staffing and scheduling. OTFF will not receive a copy of my application, will have no control over whether I receive an interview and/or am ultimately hired, does not control and is not responsible for the employment policies and practices of independent franchisees, and does not employ independent franchisee’s employees. If I am hired to work at an independent franchisee’s studio, the independent franchisee, and not OTFF, will be my employer. By submitting my application and resume, I am confirming that I am agreeing and consenting to the foregoing.