- Design and Development aspects including designing and creating new database schemas, data stores, and related objects
- Continuous integration, automation, change control, as well as scalable and performant designs
- Work closely with the project and development teams to build out the Orangetheory data infrastructure within the cloud using Amazon Web Services
- Data archival, performance tuning and troubleshooting of processes and data pipelines
- Monitor and diagnose database-related issues, and define and create database management and maintenance processes
- Design solutions, resolve issues within the database infrastructure and execute on decisions
- Document database processes, data flows, and solutions effectively
- An understanding of mobile web-based applications and best practices for modeling and storing data from multiple source applications and across multiple data storage mediums (Relational and NoSQL databases, as well as file storage solutions such as S3 and analytics data stores)
- Sound understanding of best practice concepts surrounding big data - process design, data modeling and execution of pipeline development to enable highly available data access as well as analytics enablement
- Strong T-SQL development skills for tasks relating to relational database stores (MySQL/PostGreSQL)
- Competency in designing databases to facilitate application requirements for scalability and performance
- Possesses the aptitude to diagnose and resolve performance issues within the data layer when necessary
- Ability to work within the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud landscape and various data platforms
- Can work effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple work streams and analyses
- Ability to work with large volumes of streaming data and process through the data pipeline
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Computer-related discipline, or equivalent experience required
- Proficient working with relational databases in the cloud (MySQL, PostGreSQL)
- 5+ years’ experience working within the data engineering space and complex business environments
- 5+ years’ experience working in development environments with both internal and off-shore teams
- 3+ years’ experience working with cloud and open stack technologies
- Proficient with data programming languages and ETL tools (Python, AWS Glue, etc.)
- Working knowledge of both Windows and Linux operating systems (Amazon Linux, CentOS)
- Working experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, Lambda, RDS, S3) is a plus
- Exposure or working knowledge of Data Science concepts is a plus
- Experience working with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB or Amazon DynamoDB is a plus
This is a full-time position
This position does not require travel; however, travel may be required for training initiatives and/or visits to collaborate with business partners on rare occasions.
Why Join Orangetheory Corporate?
We offer a competitive salary along with exceptional benefits such as:
- Free workouts at corporate studios
- Healthcare Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision among many other supplemental benefits
- Employer Paid Benefits: Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Parental Leave Pay
- State-of-the-Art Wellness Center at Corporate Headquarters
- 401k Plan with Employer Contribution
- Team Building, Employee Engagement activities and so much more
Our Company provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Jobs That Make a Real Difference
Orangetheory is a science-based, full-body workout that uses technology to measure performance so members can prove they are improving. In a 60-minute class, led by a highly trained and certified coach, members target at least twelve minutes in the Orange Zone to raise their heart rate and charge up metabolism. The result is an increase in calorie burn post-workout, backed by the science of excess post-exercise oxygen consumption (EPOC). After twelve minutes of hard work in the Orange Zone, your body burns additional calories as you recover over the next 24 hours.
For us, physical fitness transcends weight loss and bikini season. Fitness is a way of life -- in fact, our brand purpose is to help people live longer, more vibrant lives. When we help our members to put in the work at our studios, they will experience benefits in their day-to-day. They will be physically stronger, but beyond that, they will notice improvements to their mood, cognition, sleep, and overall happiness and quality of life. This workout actually changes your body at the cellular level and has been known to help members through disease, chronic illness, depression, and even heartbreak and the loss of loved ones. They’ll simply have the energy to play with their grandchildren, run a 5K, or go hiking. When we can help our members to take care of their body and mind, amazing things can happen. More Orangetheory, More LIFE.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Orangetheory is committed to encouraging, facilitating and upholding an environment centered on diversity, equity and inclusion across every facet of the Orangetheory brand. We will work to create a sustainable culture that supports a healthy space for learning and growing, valuing and empowering every employee, inspiring a diverse franchise network, and uplifting the members and communities we serve. Click here to see more about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Orangetheory.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)