The SSE work directly with the Software Engineering Dev Manager as well as the Enterprise Solutions Architect to develop implementation patterns, templates, and documentation to be used by the solutions teams. Design of APIs (Node.js serverless) that support a good developer experience, meet performance requirements, and support 3rd party integration with our services.
- Build and ship software at scale to deliver impact
- Participate in architectural decisions and implementation across the engineering organization
- Participate cross team/cross functional discussions and drive alignment on product/technology strategy; act as a domain expert to influence technology choices
- Lead by example to build a culture of craftsmanship and innovation
- Participate in estimating, designing, and developing to verify the functionality, accuracy, and efficiency of complex developed or enhanced software applications
- Participate in the sub-disciplines of software and systems engineering and provide guidance to junior team members regarding functionality, efficacy and quality
- Can lead or participate in conception and writing of development release strategy and scripts for major release/core functional areas
- Work with immediate and cross-functional distributed teams to evaluate and interpret functional, design and requirements specifications
- Interact with management and architecture to understand issues that may arise around development
- Provide input to Software Engineering and Test processes and procedures
- Helps others to meet or exceed standards for the quality and timeliness of the work products that they create (e.g., automated tests, test plans and cases)
- Keeps technically abreast of trends and advancements; incorporating these improvements into the overall development process and anticipating their application in future projects
ARE YOU QUALIFIED?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field
- 7+ years of directly related work experience; at least 7 years of experience in software release cycle
- Experience providing leadership to others regarding release procedures, development methodologies, QA process, software defect tracking and Automated Test tools and frameworks
- Experience incorporating product quality in software requirements for features and system qualities
- Experience on complex projects, advising on design and development approach
- Expert level coding expertise using Node.js is required
- Experience developing REST APIs utilizing best practices within a cloud environment
- Proficient in OOAD principles and methodologies (e.g., UML), networking, multi-threaded programming and OS concepts
- Expert level knowledge of Windows and Mac OS as well as native applications including installation and configuration; sound experience working with Linux/UNIX based OS
- Expertise in relational database technologies (SQL, MySQL); sound knowledge of SQL is required
- Experience working within the Amazon Web Services cloud environment, particularly with AWS Lambda serverless stacks; working with other services such as API Gateway, Cloud Formation, CloudWatch, Cognito, caching services, S3, SNS, and SQS is highly preferred
- Working knowledge of TypeScript is plus
- Experience working with NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB or MongoDB preferred
- Expertise in advanced programming environments and concepts highly desired (e.g., J2EE, OS internals, network appliances); experience with Internet technologies (e.g., HTML, XML, TCP/IP)
This is a full-time position.
Why Join Orangetheory Corporate?
- Free workouts at corporate studios
- Healthcare Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision among many other supplemental benefits
- Employer Paid Benefits: Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Parental Leave Pay
- State-of-the-Art Wellness Center at Corporate Headquarters
- 401k Plan with Employer Contribution
- Team Building, Employee Engagement activities and so much more
Our Company provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Jobs That Make a Real Difference
Orangetheory is a science-based, full-body workout that uses technology to measure performance so members can prove they are improving. In a 60-minute class, led by a highly trained and certified coach, members target at least twelve minutes in the Orange Zone to raise their heart rate and charge up metabolism. The result is an increase in calorie burn post-workout, backed by the science of excess post-exercise oxygen consumption (EPOC). After twelve minutes of hard work in the Orange Zone, your body burns additional calories as you recover over the next 24 hours.
For us, physical fitness transcends weight loss and bikini season. Fitness is a way of life -- in fact, our brand purpose is to help people live longer, more vibrant lives. When we help our members to put in the work at our studios, they will experience benefits in their day-to-day. They will be physically stronger, but beyond that, they will notice improvements to their mood, cognition, sleep, and overall happiness and quality of life. This workout actually changes your body at the cellular level and has been known to help members through disease, chronic illness, depression, and even heartbreak and the loss of loved ones. They’ll simply have the energy to play with their grandchildren, run a 5K, or go hiking. When we can help our members to take care of their body and mind, amazing things can happen. More Orangetheory, More LIFE.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Orangetheory is committed to encouraging, facilitating and upholding an environment centered on diversity, equity and inclusion across every facet of the Orangetheory brand. We will work to create a sustainable culture that supports a healthy space for learning and growing, valuing and empowering every employee, inspiring a diverse franchise network, and uplifting the members and communities we serve. Click here to see more about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Orangetheory.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)