Head Fitness Coach -Cottleville
Orangetheory Fitness is currently seeking a motivated, high energy Head Fitness Coach! As part of the Coaching Staff, the Head Fitness Coach is responsible for delivering 60-90 minute, scientifically predesigned group workouts, as well as leading and developing the coaching staff for their studio. This position requires the utmost coordination and multi-tasking skills with the ability to simultaneously coach, manage time rotations, and motivate multiple clients in a group setting. A Head Fitness Coach with Orangetheory Fitness must focus on functional fitness, including endurance, strength, and power, using the tools given to optimize the client's experience and fitness results, all while delivering of our brand of fitness, and drive Orangetheory Fitness growth goals and the overarching theme of #Morelife for our members.
So what does an awesome Orangetheory Fitness employee look like? They are:
- Passionate about fitness and helping others achieve their fitness goals
- Strong leadership ability with the drive to motivate and mentor others
- Outgoing and energetic seeking to expand their career in the fitness industry
- Someone who enjoys teamwork and wants to be a part of a world class fitness company
- Enthusiastic about changing people's lives through fitness and community
- Interested in further development of their professional skills in fitness
- Likes the color orange (Trust us, you'll be wearing a lot of it!)
Does this sound like you? Then you're probably the right person for us!
At Orangetheory Fitness, we are all about fitness and fun. We create exciting and rewarding experiences for our team members that are motivated, career driven, and fitness-minded who what to improve themselves and their future. And, if you are interested in progressing your career, Orangetheory Fitness has a dedicated path of advancement from Sales Associate to Multi-Unit Managers.
Still here? Awesome! Here are some of the responsibilities of Head Fitness Coach:
- Delivering predesigned workouts to groups of up to 28+ clients per class
- Leading and developing a team of coaches for their studio
- Being the subject matter expert when it comes to coaching and fitness in their studio
- Energizing and motivating clients throughout their workout sessions
- Developing client rapport to sustain and retain Orangetheory Fitness attendance and current clientele
- Ensuring safety of participants in regards to heart rate and exercise technique, which may include modified exercises to accommodate various skill levels
- Assisting Orangetheory Sales Associates with studio tours, member inquiries, and studio sales
- Attending and participating in monthly fitness staff meetings and required educational presentations.
- Developing and training new and existing coaches for their studio
- Onboarding new coaches that have passed the Orangetheory coach certification process
- Perform Open Mic Auditions in their studio for coach candidates
At Orangetheory Fitness, you will participate in the operation and success of a fast-paced fitness studio, and build relationships with Orangetheory Fitness members and the community in order to help maintain and build strong member base. You will also be responsible providing studio members with a best in class customer experience.
So what are the requirements for an Orangetheory Fitness Group Fitness Coach?
- At least 1-year of experience teaching group fitness or personal training
- Experience leading other coaches or personal trainers preferred
- CPR/AED certification
- Bachelor's degree in an exercise related field (strongly preferred)
- Current fitness certification from an OTF approved education company such as: National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA), National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), American Council on Exercise (ACE), Athletics and Fitness, Association of America (AFAA)
- Knowledge of physiology, exercise technique, and body mechanics
- Can (truly) multi-task and stay organized
- Practice positive, motivating and effective interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrate the desire and capacity to train all fitness levels
- Can safely lift and move up to 40lbs
Jobs That Make a Real Difference
Orangetheory is a science-based, full-body workout that uses technology to measure performance so members can prove they are improving. In a 60-minute class, led by a highly trained and certified coach, members target at least twelve minutes in the Orange Zone to raise their heart rate and charge up metabolism. The result is an increase in calorie burn post-workout, backed by the science of excess post-exercise oxygen consumption (EPOC). After twelve minutes of hard work in the Orange Zone, your body burns additional calories as you recover over the next 24 hours.
For us, physical fitness transcends weight loss and bikini season. Fitness is a way of life -- in fact, our brand purpose is to help people live longer, more vibrant lives. When we help our members to put in the work at our studios, they will experience benefits in their day-to-day. They will be physically stronger, but beyond that, they will notice improvements to their mood, cognition, sleep, and overall happiness and quality of life. This workout actually changes your body at the cellular level and has been known to help members through disease, chronic illness, depression, and even heartbreak and the loss of loved ones. They’ll simply have the energy to play with their grandchildren, run a 5K, or go hiking. When we can help our members to take care of their body and mind, amazing things can happen. More Orangetheory, More LIFE.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Orangetheory is committed to encouraging, facilitating and upholding an environment centered on diversity, equity and inclusion across every facet of the Orangetheory brand. We will work to create a sustainable culture that supports a healthy space for learning and growing, valuing and empowering every employee, inspiring a diverse franchise network, and uplifting the members and communities we serve. Click here to see more about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Orangetheory.
I understand that I am applying for a position with an employer that is an independently owned and operated Orangetheory® Fitness franchisee, not the franchisor, OTF Franchisor, LLC or any of its affiliates (OTFF). With respect to any position with a franchisee, I understand and agree that any information I provide in this application will be submitted directly to the independent franchisee, who is solely responsible for all employment related matters in their studio. This means, among other things, that the independent franchisee is solely responsible for and unilaterally makes all decisions concerning my employment, including hiring, firing, discipline, supervision, staffing and scheduling. OTFF will not receive a copy of my application, will have no control over whether I receive an interview and/or am ultimately hired, does not control and is not responsible for the employment policies and practices of independent franchisees, and does not employ independent franchisee’s employees. If I am hired to work at an independent franchisee’s studio, the independent franchisee, and not OTFF, will be my employer. By submitting my application and resume, I am confirming that I am agreeing and consenting to the foregoing.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)